April 19 Express Entry Draw Sees Lowest CRS Requirement Yet at 415
The latest Express Entry draw, which took place on April 19, 2017, has issued 3,665 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canadian permanent resident status to candidates in the Express Entry pool with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores of 415 or above. Marking the lowest CRS requirement yet, this draw brings the total number of ITAs issued since the introduction of the Express Entry system in January, 2015, to over 100,000.
So far in the first four months of 2017, 35,973 ITAs have been issued. This is higher than the total number of ITAs issued during the year of 2016. Candidates who received an ITA in this draw are now in a position to submit an application for Canadian permanent resident status to the federal government. Accompanying family members, including spouses or common-law partners, as well as dependent children, may also come to Canada along with the principal applicant. IRCC aims to process complete submitted applications within six months.
The opening months of 2017 have witnessed a series of decreasing CRS requirements and increasing numbers of ITAs issued. This followed predictions made by IRCC towards the end of 2016 that changes to the Express Entry system and the CRS would result in a greater number of ITAs being issued, and consequently a drop in the CRS score requirement.
Number of ITAs in latest draw
ITAs issued in 2017
In order to be in a position to receive an ITA in an Express Entry draw, individuals are first required to meet the eligibility criteria of one of the three immigration programs managed through the Express Entry system — the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), Federal Skilled Trades Class (FTSC), or Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Upon entering the pool, candidates are assigned a CRS score based on factors including civil status information, education, work experience, language ability, and other criteria. This score determines their ranking in the pool. During periodic draws, IRCC issues ITAs to the highest-ranking candidates. Those candidates who receive an ITA may submit an application for Canadian permanent resident status.
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1, 2015 to April 19, 2017
- Launch date: January 1, 2015
- First draw from the pool: January 31, 2015
- Most recent draw from the pool: April 19, 2017
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 415 (April 19, 2017)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 3,923 (April 12, 2017)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 559 (November 30, 2016. Note: This draw invited candidates with a provincial nomination only.)
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22, 2015 to June 12, 2015 draws)
- Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
- Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 316 (from November 16, 2016 to November 30. Note: The latter draw invited candidates with a provincial nomination only.)
- Smallest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
- Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
- Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 6 days (from December 16 to December 22, 2016)
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2015: 31,063
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2016: 33,782
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2017: 35,973
- Total number of ITAs issued since system was launched: 100,818
Draws From The Express Entry Pool (Updated)
Express Entry Draws: 2017
|Draw #||Minimum CRS Score Required||Date of Draw||# of ITAs Issued|
|60||415||April 19, 2017||3,665|
|59||423||April 12, 2017||3,923|
|58||431||April 5, 2017||3,753|
|57||441||March 24, 2017||3,749|
|56||434||March 1, 2017||3,884|
|55||441||February 22, 2017||3,611|
|54||447||February 8, 2017||3,664|
|53||453||January 25, 2017||3,508|
|52||459||January 11, 2017||3,334|
|51||468||January 4. 2017||2,902|
Agriculture and Construction Workers Can Transition to Permanent Residence Through New Ontario Immigration StreamCertain workers in the agriculture and construc...
- The province of Manitoba has invited a total of...
- The International Skilled Worker – Occupa...
- A broad range of skilled workers, international...
Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker: Occupations In-Demand Sub-Category Reopens to Accept 1,200 new ApplicationsA popular immigration category is now accepting...
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014