IRCC sets new ITA record in latest Express Entry draw
The Government of Canada has set a new Express Entry record for the most invitations issued in a single year.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) broke the record with a draw held December 19 that issued 3,900 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canadian permanent residence.
The 3,900 ITAs brought the total number of invitations issued in 2018 to 89,800, which broke the previous record of 86,023 ITAs set in 2017.
IRCC applied the ‘tie-break’ rule for Express Entry candidates with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 439. This means ITAs will be issued to all candidates with scores above 439 as well as candidates with scores of 439 who submitted their Express Entry profiles before February 6, 2018, at 19:31:37 UTC
Foreign nationals must first meet the eligibility criteria for one of three economic immigration programs managed by the Express Entry system — the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC) and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Eligible candidates are then entered into the Express Entry pool and are assigned a CRS score out of 1,200 based on their characteristics, such as education, work experience and English or French language proficiency.
During periodic draws, IRCC invites the highest-ranking candidates from the pool.
Invited candidates have 60 days from the date of receiving their ITA to submit a complete Canadian permanent residence application to the Government of Canada.
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1, 2015 to December 19, 2018
- Launch date: January 1, 2015
- First draw from the pool: March 14, 2015
- Most recent draw from the pool: December 19, 2018
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC): 199 (May 26, 2017)
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC): 413 (May 31, 2017)
- Minimum CRS points required for selection in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC): 413 (May 31, 2017)
- Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 3,923 (April 12, 2017)
- Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 143 (May 26, 2017. Note: This draw invited candidates with a provincial nomination only.)
- Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22, 2015 to June 12, 2015 draws)
- Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
- Longest gap between dates of two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
- Shortest gap between dates of two consecutive draws: 5 days (from May 26 to May 31, 2017)
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2015: 31,063
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2016: 33,782
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2017: 86,023
- Total number of ITAs issued in 2018: 89,800
- Total number of ITAs issued since the system was launched: 240,668
- A total of 178 skilled workers were invited to ...
- British Columbia issued 268 invitations to appl...
- The Government of Canada has set a new Express ...
- New processing fees for immigration application...
- British Columbia has issued new invitations to ...
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014